Free Version call limitation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mbs1, Aug 5, 2007.

1. mbs1

hi,

Can someone please clarify the call limitations of the free version.The comparision chart states that only 8 simultaneous calls are allowed but on another page, it states that the free version only allows 8 external voip lines to be configured, there being no limitation on the number of internal extensions.

Am i right in assuming that the latter is correct and that calls between internal extensions will be not be restricted to 8 in the free version.

thanks

mbs

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The free version is no restriction for internal communication. It’s only restricted total 8 simultaneous calls via PSTN + VoIP Provider. And not support following feature as below:

- MWI (Message Waiting Indicator)
    - Ring Groups
    - Supports Exchange 2007 UM
    - Call Queuing
    - Branch Office Integration (Q3)
    - Ability to place calls
    - Ability to divert calls to voice mail
    - Ability to transfer calls
    - TAPI driver for integration with CRM (Q3)
    - Shows callers in queue
    - Supports Windows clustering

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

"Ring Groups" supported in free version. Am I wrong?

4. Ralph

Ralph Member

Ring Groups work in free version

Ring groups seem to be working in the free version.

5. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Yes. Ring Groups should be works on current free version as well. However, I not sure it will be carry forward to future free version or not. Please refer to http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/enterprise-features.html detailed feature comparison between the versions. Just checked. It still show Ring Groups NOT support at free version.

6. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

3CX PBX Free version

Ring Groups are available in the free version.

The free version supports 8 lines. To increase the limit, a paid version will have to be activated.

The features that are not available in the free version are the following -

Message waiting indicator
    Queues
    Microsoft exchange integration
    Call assistant active features.

7. Ralph

Ralph Member

Just out of curiosity:

When you use the Outlook 2007 integration feature what additional features or advantages do you gain for your users???

Thanks again

8. nickybrg

3CX Staff

Hi -- good question -

Basically with Microsoft exchange 2007 you are already consolidating all your information in 1 place - the user's inbox - Voice mails, fax, email, appointment data, contacts etc.

With this feature, we also integrate the Phone system to the equation. The IVR of Exchange will be used therefore having Microsoft IVR functionality, Voice mails are saved automatically to Exchange/Outlook, and the Microsoft Exchange Digital receptionist can be used.
    Of course the IVR database of exchange is larger and has various features - even can recognize voice callers, calendar options IVR prompts, voice access to calendar items and more. It also gives detailed information of the particular voice mail received - ex duration of voice mail.

With this feature you will be expanding into integrating voice mail and very soon fax messages with email and calendaring systems of Outlook.

Imagine a company that is already using Outlook/Exchange in its infrastructure for its users. This would be their secondary BreakFree
    :) (after the first break free - 3CX PBX of course)

Hope I have answered your question - regards

9. Ralph

Ralph Member

Hi I need confirmation

Good evening,

I need some clarification and confirmation on the maximum number of internal calls (extension to extension) that are allowed with each version.

In this discussion we were informed that there was no limitation on the number of extension to extension calls while in the following conversation we are told that the limit is 8:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2239

Please advise as soon as possibe. We are presenting to clients this week and these details are important to get right.

Thank you

10. nickybrg

3CX Staff

The latter conversation on the link you mentionned :

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2239
    holds the correct and most updated instructions. Please stick to that. There is a misunderstanding in the above post which I will edit to avoid confusion.

11. renzema

Ring Groups

Hi,

Please take this as a vote for continuing ring groups in the free version. Without this, I am not sure how I could get my home voicemail to work...

As it is now - call comes into the ring group, which then rings all phones in the house. If no answer, then falls back to IVR (to leave a message for X, press 1, for Y, press 2) with individual options. Is this possible to recreate without ring groups?

Thanks,

Josh

12. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Referred to this link http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/enterprise-features.html. The ring groups should be support in free version.

The current version (build 2434) of 3CX already supported this function.