Free version extra / suggestion.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by justin, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

I've gone back to the free version instead of the demo serial as I am only using 3cx at home and can't afford $595 for home use only, while that may be nothing to a small business it's a lot when your just using VOIP to save money on calls and want something easy to setup unlike Asterisk ;)
    Theres just 2 things that I'd like to see in the free version as opposed to only in the registered version for those of us using it in a home type environment:
    1. Ability to terminate calls from the "Active Calls" page (Really why isn't this already included? It's not really a feature that I think needs to be paid for.)
    2. Fax server. I can see the reason's why they wouldn't make this available in the free version but just these 2 features in the free version I feel still keeps the company based clients buying the software for call queues, conference calling, provisioning etc. while still allowing a bit more functionality for the regular Joe (Or Justin) running a simple home setup.

Also a feature that would be good to add to 3cx in general would be, instead of having an "All calls" or "None" option for routing fax calls under the manage lines section, having some kind of auto detect option so that when a call comes in to a DR it starts to give the prompt, but it can auto detect the Fax send signal and automatically routes the call to a virtual fax number instead.

So pretty much
    Call comes in
    \/
    Routes to DR
    \/
    DR starts prompt
    \/
    Fax signal detected from caller?
    Yes - Transfer to virtual fax ext XX
    No - Keep playing prompt file

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.