Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Free Version - maintenance renewal

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dc-sip, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc-sip

Hi there,

I have been a very happy user of the free version of 3CX for the last year and my maintenance has become due for renewal. I have been planning to purchase the renewal directly from 3CX and today have gone to do this now I have funds available.

Sadly, when I go to do this I am told 'Licence Revoked' which I do not understand. How can I go about renewing maintenance on this PBX please?

I am about to purchase a full 8SC version on a perpetual licence, but I want to operate this a separate PBX.

Advice appreciated.

dc

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to contact someone from 3CX (or await an answer direct from them in the forum) to see what has happened, in your particular situation. Did you go past the one year time limit before attempting the licence purchase?

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can simply generate new PBX Edition license (probably using another email), backup your PBX without FQDN and license and install new instance with your new license and new FQDN.

Another PBX (with commercial license) should use another FQDN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @dc-sip

You will need to contact our sales department so they can help you with the error you are getting.
    The numbers can be found here.

5. dc-sip

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your considered responses, it is appreciated.

I will contact 3CX Sales for their advice. If a backup and reinstall is required, that's not so, bad although I would really like to retain my FQDN.

I did go past a year before attempting to purchase the maintenance, as my understanding was that the licence would continue to work (which it has) just without the updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.