Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

free version?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by perler, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perler

the pages to the commercial and free version are seem to link to the same files (for windows: 3CXPhoneforWindows14.exe).

where do I get the free version and does it work with other SIP providers but offers google contacts integration as well?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Correct, same file for commercial and free - license key activates which version you are running.

No charge for license for 'Free Version'

3. perler

ok, so does this mean, that the free version needs the 3cx server component as well or can I connect to other providers too?

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3CX is a pabx system which has to be installed on a Microsoft desktop / server operating systems

If you explain more what you are trying to use the software for, we maybe able to help you

5. perler

ok, I see. I was just looking for a decent SIP client with Google Contacts integration. Installing a full PBX for this purpose is a bit over the top.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Since version 11, the3CX SIP "client" (3CXPhone) has been designed to be compatible only, with the corresponding version of the 3CX PBX. It will no longer work with other VoIP providers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.