Free World Dialup outbound call problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by catweazle999, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catweazle999

hi all, i have a question regarding calling into FWD and then to a peering partner of FWD like sipgate or any other SIP provider who can be dialled by using the **<SIP-No of provider> like **777 for sipgate Germany.

Everything is running fine, i can be called from outside, i also can reach the test numbers from FWD like the 613 echo test. But like mentioned i cannot go ahead dial another SIP provider.

I have an outbound rule with '0' as the prefix, i dial the 0613 for the echo test of FWD and it works.

But when i want to dial 0**77749xxxxxx for a number of sipgate germany it does not run. Anyhow it seems that this call is not recognized as an outbound call ?!?

the log show this:
    19:12:06.875 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Can not resolve target for call from "Koch, Marcel"<sip:101@mydomain.org>;tag=c9723450 to "0**77749xxxxxxx"<sip:0**77749xxxxxx@mydomain.org>
    19:12:06.875 CallConf::Rejected: Call (C:79) is rejected: Target is not resolved
    19:12:06.845 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ext.101 to sip:0**77749xxxxxx@mydomain.org

it does not seem to use first the 10000 external line. Could it be that the problem is the '*' within the number ?

does anyone ever did a successful call from FWD to a peering partner with 3CX ?

2. catweazle999

The asterisk '*' causes the problem

ok, i did some more tests and i also could connect to other numbers.
    So, the asterisk character in the dial string (like **777 for sipgate)
    confuses the outbound rule.

Seems that only numbers with integers are working ?
    Is there any workaround on this ?

3. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Currently the * in the dialed number will make the call fail, so at the moment peering is not possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. catweazle999

special characters not recognized within a dial string

ok, thanks for your fast feedback.

But that would mean that peering is not possible with lots of providers other than FWD. I checked a dozen of different SIP providers and the majority of them are having special characters like the * in their prefix dial strings when dialing a peering partner network.

will that issue be fixed in one of the future releases ?

or - can you recommend other providers who do not use a * in their prefixes ?

i know, at least SIPGate just uses integers....

5. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Support

Hi, Yes it should be resolved in the near future, we are sorry for the inconvinience it may be causing you in the meantime. I can't give you an exact date when it will be included, but please 'stay tuned' for the few next updates. You can keep an eye on the buildhistory at:

http://www.3cx.com/buildhistory.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.