Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

FreePBX Converter Error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dredd0606, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dredd0606

Hi Guys,

I have been tasked with upgrading a customers PBX from FreePBX to 3CX. They are running FreePBX 14. I followed https://www.3cx.com/docs/free-pbx-converter/ to the letter to create the backup, extract it from the FreePBX server, and upload it to https://converter.3cx.com/. However, after entering in my email address and clicking the "Upload" button, I get "The Uploaded Backup appears not to be a 12.X/13.X/14.X backup.".

Anyone have any ideas if the documentation or converter tool is out of date? Is something missing from the backup?

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

do you get that right away? or after the file is uploaded?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dredd0606

After the file has been uploaded.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

was thinking maybe a cache issue or something... but since its uploading, it must be looking for something in the ZIP file.

5. dredd0606

I'm guessing that FreePBX has made some updates to where and how data is stored and the converter tool isn't recognizing it. Perhaps the converter tool needs to be updated?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.