• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Freespeech Registration Fails ... to many hops ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magoo

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post and I am a total newbie to 3CX, I wonder can anyone offer any comments in relation to:

1. I am finding it difficult to locate any assistance in relation to my first big problem, using version v7.1.6391 the pbx tries to register a freespeech voip provider, I receive the following message in the 'Server Activity Log':
"...[CM504005]: Registration failed for: [email protected]; Cause: 483 Too Many Hops; from IP:213.254.224.20:5060"

2. Keep in mind that the above registration is to freespeech.ie (Ireland version of freespeech.co.uk), both should be pretty much exactly the same in not technically co-located. With this in mind, has anyone! been able to register with freespeech, the reason I ask is because I would have expected to find a pre-existing provider as part of the current version of 3CX PBX?

3. If I cant overcome the above, I perhaps am looking to forming a master plan i.e. Voxalot, but I believe Voxalot is not compatible with freespeech, in this later case, would anyone have any suggested alternative wrap around voip gateway?

Thanks in advance,
Brendon.

Use a supported VoIP provider, thats the best advice i can give a newbie! We have done all the work for you :)

lol .... I fell around when I though about "How can I reply...".

Many thanks for your input, however sorry to say, what would you advise where there are only two voip providers in the country that I am aware of and none of these are listed in 3CX voip providers listings? i.e. Blueface.ie or Freespeech.ie

magoo said:
lol .... I fell around when I though about "How can I reply...".

Many thanks for your input, however sorry to say, what would you advise where there are only two voip providers in the country that I am aware of and none of these are listed in 3CX voip providers listings? i.e. Blueface.ie or Freespeech.ie

from your previous post:
[CM504005]: Registration failed for: [email protected]; Cause: 483 Too Many Hops; from IP:213.254.224.20:5060

"Log" just specify that this response was received form "213.254.224.20:5060"
Is it your host or it is the host of "Freespeech.ie"?
Thanks

Hi Stepan, many thanks for the reply. I have sorted the problem, it appeared to be because I was using the freespeech stun server, as soon as I reverted to the sip server, the problem disappeared. I have no idea why it would not work with the stun server which is stun.freespeech.ie, in the mean time, in reply to your question, the IP was that of the freespeech server which issued the error message back to the 3CX PBX Activity log.

magoo said:
Hi Stepan, many thanks for the reply. I have sorted the problem, it appeared to be because I was using the freespeech stun server, as soon as I reverted to the sip server, the problem disappeared. I have no idea why it would not work with the stun server which is stun.freespeech.ie, in the mean time, in reply to your question, the IP was that of the freespeech server which issued the error message back to the 3CX PBX Activity log.

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved. :)
But... I have not understood, what was reverted and to which SIP server? (see selected text)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Acosta
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.