• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

frequent loss of registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

radelman

Reaction score
Help!

Anyone know why I have frequent loss of registration with my voip provider. Reg'n sometimes lasts for hours, sometimes for minutes. Does this part of my log give a hint?

17:25:34.078 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504007]: Next attempt to register 10006@RAINTEL is scheduled in 10 minutes
17:25:34.078 ClientRegs::eek:nFailure [CM504005]: Registration failed for: 10006@RAINTEL; Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
17:24:22.593 StunClient::eek:nInitTests [CM506001]: STUN request to resolve SIP external IP:port mapping is sent to STUN server 64.69.76.23:3478 over Transport 192.168.1.40:5060

When I manually register the line, I have success. The big questions is why that registration is not maintaned. I am running the Apr 2 08 latest known version, behind a linksys wrt 54g with recommended port forwarding. One thing I do notice about the latest build is that the bridge is now producing proper rtp audio.

Run the firewall checker and see if it passes the test. Secondly, you are using an unsupported VOIP provider, its much better to use a supported one.

Hi Nick,

My voip provider sees that I am always registered. The problem is internal with 3cx. What does the error message Cause, 408 Request timeout, internal refer to, and do you know what parameter I need to change in order for this error not to happen, is it the time between registration attempts (in seconds), the timeout for STUN response or recheck external IP every (sec)?

Problem solved. Buried in the trees with little view of the forest the solution came to me. My internet connection seemed slow. I did a speed test. Download speed was less than upload. The stun server was not obaining a response fast enough based upon the timeout setting and therefore registration failed on the 3cx side, even though I was registered at my voip provider, who by the way should be supported. I rebooted the dsl modem and router, internet speed is back to normal and solid registration all day. Lesson learned, sometimes, you have to step back and look at the forest.

Thanks for letting us know! Good to hear it works now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.