Solved Freshdesk/Zendesk server integration appears not to be working

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by ZS Support, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZS Support

Hi,

I've tried both the Freshdesk and Zendesk server side integrations without success. Saving the credentials in the 3CX dashboard does not give an error but when I make an inbound call with a phone number that's associated with a contact in the CRM, I see the default popup (see below) and nothing related to the CRM, no new contact is created, etc. I also don't see anything suspicious in the server logs.

upload_2017-12-6_13-10-21.png

upload_2017-12-6_13-12-5.png

Configuration
    3CX running on AWS as per this installation guide with Automatic updates on (so I'm sure I have the latest version as I installed the environment just yesterday).

Any idea what's happen and/or tips on how to troubleshoot the issue?

#1 ZS Support, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello ,

If the configuration is correct then you will see a little contact icon on the incoming call notification of the webclient. (See first screenshot on the attachments). If you click this icon then it will redirect you to the CRM that you configured. If the contact does not exist on the CRM then you will see nothing on the incoming call notification.

Also, if the contact exist on the CRM then when you receive the first call from that number it will automatically store the contact on the PBX Global contacts (See second screenshot).

Just keep in mind that server side and client side CRM integrations work different.

Thank you

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZS Support

Hi Manos,

Thanks for your response. Incidentally, I figured out about 2 hours ago that the integration was indeed working but that I was misled by the pop up from the 3CX client which does not contain the contact icon.

From my tests (on Windows), unless the 3CX webclient tab is opened, the popup cannot be seen. More interestingly, the popup from the 3CX agent (which must be logged in for the webclient to work) does show but does not include the contact icon. That's not user friendly at all or am I missing something?

In the meantime, I'm facing another problem. The Freshdesk integration works as you described and I wanted to try Zendesk as we actually use Zendesk in production. I've filled in the Zendesk credentials and restarted the services several times but the contact icon still opens contacts from Freshdesk. How can I completely decouple Freshdesk in order to test Zendesk?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ps: The information in your post is very handy for the articles where the integrations are described as the articles e.g. the fact that a contact is added to the Global address book.

4. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

- You do not missing anything that's how it works. You can suggest this on the ideas forum.

- Delete Freshdesk.xml from this location Windows: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\crm
    or for Linux: /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Templates/crm and try again

- Thank you for your feedback. Hope the above troubleshooting will solve your problem

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ZS Support

Hi Marios,

You tip about deleting Freshdesk.xml worked (I actually just copied the default XML set from another installation). Thanks!

6. ZS Support

Hi Marios,

Can you please mark this thread as solved? I can't find the option to do so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.