• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Freshdesk/Zendesk server integration appears not to be working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZS Support

Reaction score
Hi,

I've tried both the Freshdesk and Zendesk server side integrations without success. Saving the credentials in the 3CX dashboard does not give an error but when I make an inbound call with a phone number that's associated with a contact in the CRM, I see the default popup (see below) and nothing related to the CRM, no new contact is created, etc. I also don't see anything suspicious in the server logs.

upload_2017-12-6_13-10-21.png

upload_2017-12-6_13-12-5.png

Configuration
3CX running on AWS as per this installation guide with Automatic updates on (so I'm sure I have the latest version as I installed the environment just yesterday).

Any idea what's happen and/or tips on how to troubleshoot the issue?

Last edited:
Hello ,

If the configuration is correct then you will see a little contact icon on the incoming call notification of the webclient. (See first screenshot on the attachments). If you click this icon then it will redirect you to the CRM that you configured. If the contact does not exist on the CRM then you will see nothing on the incoming call notification.

Also, if the contact exist on the CRM then when you receive the first call from that number it will automatically store the contact on the PBX Global contacts (See second screenshot).

Just keep in mind that server side and client side CRM integrations work different.

Thank you

Attachments

• 2017-12-12_15h52_16.png
    2017-12-12_15h52_16.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 2017-12-12_16h02_51.png
    2017-12-12_16h02_51.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 45
Hi Manos,

Thanks for your response. Incidentally, I figured out about 2 hours ago that the integration was indeed working but that I was misled by the pop up from the 3CX client which does not contain the contact icon.

From my tests (on Windows), unless the 3CX webclient tab is opened, the popup cannot be seen. More interestingly, the popup from the 3CX agent (which must be logged in for the webclient to work) does show but does not include the contact icon. That's not user friendly at all or am I missing something?

In the meantime, I'm facing another problem. The Freshdesk integration works as you described and I wanted to try Zendesk as we actually use Zendesk in production. I've filled in the Zendesk credentials and restarted the services several times but the contact icon still opens contacts from Freshdesk. How can I completely decouple Freshdesk in order to test Zendesk?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ps: The information in your post is very handy for the articles where the integrations are described as the articles e.g. the fact that a contact is added to the Global address book.

Hello,

From my tests (on Windows), unless the 3CX webclient tab is opened, the popup cannot be seen. More interestingly, the popup from the 3CX agent (which must be logged in for the webclient to work) does show but does not include the contact icon. That's not user friendly at all or am I missing something?

- You do not missing anything that's how it works. You can suggest this on the ideas forum.

In the meantime, I'm facing another problem. The Freshdesk integration works as you described and I wanted to try Zendesk as we actually use Zendesk in production. I've filled in the Zendesk credentials and restarted the services several times but the contact icon still opens contacts from Freshdesk. How can I completely decouple Freshdesk in order to test Zendesk?

- Delete Freshdesk.xml from this location Windows: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\crm
or for Linux: /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Templates/crm and try again

ps: The information in your post is very handy for the articles where the integrations are described as the articles e.g. the fact that a contact is added to the Global address book.

- Thank you for your feedback. Hope the above troubleshooting will solve your problem

Thank you

Hi Marios,

You tip about deleting Freshdesk.xml worked (I actually just copied the default XML set from another installation). Thanks!

Hi Marios,

Can you please mark this thread as solved? I can't find the option to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.