Fritz Box 7270 and 3CX living together?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cliveburt, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliveburt

Hello fellow forum users,

I've just recently installed the free version of 3CX on both mine and my parents Windows Home Servers and was wondering if I buy a Fritz Box 7270 to use as my ADSL router, will the Fritz Box allow port 5060 to be forwarded to the WHS/3CX or if this quote from the FAQ is still true?

"Is AVM Fritz.Box supported as a firewall in front of 3CX PhoneSystem?
    All models of AVM Fritz Box include an integrated SIP listener that captures all traffic to port 5060. Our test currently show us that there is no way to disable this functionality, even when it is not configured at all.

Configuring Port Forwarding for port 5060 on the device also will NOT allow inbound SIP packets to be delivered to the PBX server on the LAN.

We have also found that some of the models have very limited port forwarding capabilities.

Because of the above reasons, AVM Fritz Box devices are NOT SUPPORTED devices."

I've searched the forum to the best of my ability and find myself still unsure as to the facts of this matter, so any light that you experts might be able to shine on it for me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

All the best,

Clive

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even consider a router that has even a rumour of not working with 3CX. Is the price so much below the alternatives that you are willing to take a chance?

3. billt

My router is a Fritzbox 7140 and it's been working fine with 3CX for a year or so with no special configuration at all. In fact the Fritzbox phone ports are configured as extensions on 3CX.

However, there doesn't seem to be much point in buying a Fritzbox unless you are going to use its VOIP features, which you won't be if you're using 3CX. The modem on the 7140 isn't very good, a firmware update has improved it but there are better and cheaper ADSL modem routers around.

4. cliveburt

Thank you for the replies folks.

Billt - Do you have the 7140 forwarding the 5060 port to your 3CX system? If so then that goes against what the FAQ that I linked to. Which would be great news!
    Or have you used some kind of work around to get it all to work?

Leejor - I would say that for the price, with all the features of this router, it's a steal!!!
    I think that an ATA with 2 FXS, 1 FX0, 1 ISDN S0, 6 DECT Handset connections (Think at least 1FXS or maybe 6 FXS ports seeing as each DECT handset can have it's own configuration), and an ISDN2e gateway would be worth £130 (~$260 CDN) all on it's own! But then when you throw in an ADSL2+ modem, a 811n wireless router and a USB port that allows NAS, ftp and UPnP media server capabilities it starts to look incredible.

5. voipbaennjer

I'm using 2 FB 7170 and 1 FB 7040 but only as gateways cause I have internet via cable.
    Everything is working fine compared to Grandstrem GXW4104 and Linksys SPA3102. Both devices had huge problems transmitting incoming caller ID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.