FritzBox with 3cx software

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by afpr, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afpr

Hello,

Can i use fritz box to forward my calls to the pstn lines? if it's possible, can you help me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am not familiar with this device but from what I read on their site it would appear that the device can log into and use SIP providers or route calls on PSTN line depending on dial plans but not route PSTN calls to SIP. If you were receiving a PSTN or SIP call, your phones would ring and you would answer on same handset regardless of origin of call. If you were making a call the device would select VoIP or PSTN outbound depending on dial plans. So you could use 3CX as a SIP provider for it but you could not route PSTN call to 3CX with this device.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Mirzab is right, you can not use this box to forward calls to the PSTN. You can just receive calls. I have raised this issue with AVM - because its easy for them to upgrade the firmware to allow this. If enough customers ask them they might make the change! So fire off an email to them :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Arnaud

Hi,

I'm considering to buy this device (at Ebay.de you'll get one for about 20 Euros), but got a bit confused about your posting.
    Aren't you contradicting eachother ?

Thanks,
    Arnaud

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. silentfun

silentfun Member

means you coud use the fritz box as a extension(phone) device (i am not shure that you can not route calls from PSTN to 3CX still experimenting but you are not able to route PSTN to 3CX if you config fritz box as a extension device.

same like above but possible he means you can also receive calls from PSTN if the the fritz box is connectet with the PSTN (but in this case 3CX PBX have nothing to to with receiving calls from PSTN it is complete handeled by the fritz box.

hope this helps

i am for my self still probing / experimenting with some fritz box to missuse them as gateways if i find out a way i will give it to public

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.