Solved FTP Backup Failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tim H, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim H

Running 15.5 on Debian Linux.

Trying to setup an automatic back to an FTP site.

FTP is setup and tested. When I am logged into the portal the backup works fine when I manually trigger it. I set the schedule and look for the successful notification. However, it fails nightly with this error...

******************************************************************************************************************************
    3CX Phone System tried to backup but failed due to the following reason(s):
    System.Net.FtpClient.FtpCommandException: /3CXScheduledBackup.zip.tmp: Permission denied.
    at System.Net.FtpClient.FtpClient.Rename(String path, String dest)
    at _3cxBackupRestoreImpl.Filesystem.FTP.FtpFilesystem.Move(String filename1, String filename2)
    at BackupRestoreSchedule.BackupJob.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
    ******************************************************************************************************************************

I am assuming it is a permissions issue but have no idea how to fix.

Any help is appreciated.

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Tim H,

This specific error message is highly possible to be on server site. Most of the time this message appears when there is a problem with the ftp server configuration or ftp user's rights configuration. The name of the scheduled backup file is always the same,so if you already have a backup file inside your server and as a user you don't have permission to overwrite then the server gives you a permission denied error. A good start would be to check of what permission rights do you have over the server.

3. Tim H

I had set the FTP account permissions to include everything except full. Added full and it worked.

4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello Tim H,

Thank you for coming back, supplying with or confirming given solutions helps the 3CX community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.