FTP Backup Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kyagc, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyagc

I'm using the latest build of the Debian 3CX. When I changed over the backup from local to FTP and enabled backup schedule (no current backups at that time), I left it for a few days and came back to no backups made. However if I go to the backup folder there are backups, so it looks like it's backing up, it's just not showing the backups in the 3CX GUI (Backup and Restore). Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
    KYAGC

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @kyagc

That depends on how many backups you have and what their size is. Then opening the backup and restore tab the PBX will request to load what is in the folder from the FTP server. So depending on the speed of your network and the size of the backups it could take some time to load the backups.

3. kyagc

I'm only keeping three backups on the backup rotation. Each backup is under 1GB (986 mb) and I have a 1000Mbps network. I've kept the Backup and Restore tab open for at least 15 minutes and nothing has come up. It shouldn't take this long for three backups on a Gb network, maybe 5 minutes max. However, after leaving up for 15 minutes, I refreshed the page and now one backup file is showing, but it's the oldest backup. I've tested this using Internet Explorer version 10. Nothing shows at all using Google Chrome and I have not tested Firefox.

4. David Lee

Yep, this is a problem. It's been reported, and is apparently in "R&D".

I'm a new partner as of about 3 months ago, and I've only sold one installation and won't sell any more until this is fixed. I have no idea why there aren't more partners complaining about this, or why 3CX doesn't seem to think this is a big issue (because it is).

See https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/bring-back-epsv-for-ftp-backups.46495/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.