• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

full Outlook integration

narkumas

Forum User
Reaction score
strange. 3cx integrates Outlook so that it looks up incoming calls from outlook.
Please do show Outlook contacts in 3cx client. Why should I want to use outlook to make calls? Better sync the contacts to 3cx...

Upvote 11
Why NOT use Outlook to make a call? We already spend a bunch of time there... why have to switch to another program to dial the phone?

Reactions: Patrick Hogan10
With the outlook 365 integration you can do exactly that? Sync your contacts with the phone and dial easily from there....

Why NOT use Outlook to make a call? We already spend a bunch of time there... why have to switch to another program to dial the phone?
Yeah, why should we use a phone to make calls?

Making calls from outlook means:
-Switch from Inbox to contacts
-Find contact
-Right-click
-select between numbers

making calls from 3cx means:
-type first 2 or three letter of a name
-double click on target

And we do not have Office 365

just guess how many outlook-users exist all around the world. I am requesting a feature to support a widely spread app. Please do consider.

With the outlook 365 integration you can do exactly that? Sync your contacts with the phone and dial easily from there....

Can you explain? I can sync my Outlook contacts with my Softphone?
(I have an Active Office 365 subscription for Applications. Currently running Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook 2016 for Windows)

Making calls from outlook means:
-Switch from Inbox to contacts
-Find contact
-Right-click
-select between numbers

My thought was just clicking on a phone number within an email...
I see your point. But I live in email. So - add 1 more step to get to the Phone App.

When reading email in Outlook it would be beneficial if the 3CX plug-in would give an option to call the contact(s) listed in the From or To fields. When you right-click the contact there should be an option to "Call with 3CX", and that option would expand to show the numbers stored for that contact - if there are any.

I posted this idea at https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/outlook-add-in-call-from-email-not-just-contacts-view.43456/. If this would be beneficial please comment on it and vote.

"Currently you must go find the contact in Contacts (People) in Outlook before you can right-click and choose "Call contact with 3CX". Why make the user go to another screen and do a lookup, when the contact is right there?

Please add this option when reading an email. The user should be able to right click anyone listed on the From or To fields and then choose "Call contact with 3CX"."

Reactions: Patrick Hogan10
Great idea, accentlogic! That would be much more easier and manageable.

I am still unhappy. I cannot believe that the only way to sync my contacts to 3cx is with Office365 or google...

Reactions: JackH
I really would appreciate a statement from a 3cx representative why there is (and probably will not be) a sync between personal 3cx contacts and Standard-Outlook. I do not understand and nor do my users...

Reactions: JackH

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.