Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

full Outlook integration

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by narkumas, Jan 30, 2017.

full Outlook integration 4.4 5 11votes
4.4/5, 11 votes

1. narkumas

narkumas New Member

strange. 3cx integrates Outlook so that it looks up incoming calls from outlook.
    Please do show Outlook contacts in 3cx client. Why should I want to use outlook to make calls? Better sync the contacts to 3cx...

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Why NOT use Outlook to make a call? We already spend a bunch of time there... why have to switch to another program to dial the phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Patrick Hogan10 likes this.
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

With the outlook 365 integration you can do exactly that? Sync your contacts with the phone and dial easily from there....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Yeah, why should we use a phone to make calls?

Making calls from outlook means:
    -Switch from Inbox to contacts
    -Find contact
    -Right-click
    -select between numbers

making calls from 3cx means:
    -type first 2 or three letter of a name
    -double click on target

And we do not have Office 365

just guess how many outlook-users exist all around the world. I am requesting a feature to support a widely spread app. Please do consider.

5. craigreilly

Can you explain? I can sync my Outlook contacts with my Softphone?
    (I have an Active Office 365 subscription for Applications. Currently running Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook 2016 for Windows)

6. craigreilly

My thought was just clicking on a phone number within an email...
    I see your point. But I live in email. So - add 1 more step to get to the Phone App.

7. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

When reading email in Outlook it would be beneficial if the 3CX plug-in would give an option to call the contact(s) listed in the From or To fields. When you right-click the contact there should be an option to "Call with 3CX", and that option would expand to show the numbers stored for that contact - if there are any.

I posted this idea at https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/outlook-add-in-call-from-email-not-just-contacts-view.43456/. If this would be beneficial please comment on it and vote.

"Currently you must go find the contact in Contacts (People) in Outlook before you can right-click and choose "Call contact with 3CX". Why make the user go to another screen and do a lookup, when the contact is right there?

Please add this option when reading an email. The user should be able to right click anyone listed on the From or To fields and then choose "Call contact with 3CX"."

Patrick Hogan10 likes this.
  8. Patrick Hogan10

Great idea, accentlogic! That would be much more easier and manageable.

9. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I am still unhappy. I cannot believe that the only way to sync my contacts to 3cx is with Office365 or google...

JackH likes this.
  10. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I really would appreciate a statement from a 3cx representative why there is (and probably will not be) a sync between personal 3cx contacts and Standard-Outlook. I do not understand and nor do my users...

JackH likes this.