Function to Mute the Ringtone at incoming call for 3CXphone on Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by actbig, Apr 21, 2016.

Function to Mute the Ringtone at incoming call for 3CXphone on Android and iOS 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. actbig

Please add the opportunity when a call comes in that it is possible to Mute the Ringtone by pressing the "Off-Button" on the smartphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sean.suntelnetworks

Please please pleas!

This is the BIGGEST complaint of iOS users (myself included). When I can't take a call, I have no way to mute the incoming push.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Is it an issue to REJECT the call?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulD

Unless I have misunderstood:-

Android - Menu/'Exit - Ignores PUSH'
    iOS - Menu/Settings/Accounts and deselect the account (remove blue blob)

5. deanrose

Using the suggestion above on ios "Menu/Settings/Account and deselect the account" actually deregisters the phone and NO pushes occur.

I want a way to see who's calling (via push) but also either MUTE the incoming ring tone or the ability to select a ring tone (for which I'll select a blank tone". It would seem like the ability to stop / mute the ringing or adjust the ring volume would be a very rudimentary feature. Not sure.

6. Dane

I just tried the above on iOS. The first time it didn't ring on my iphone but did ring on my laptop (good result). However, the caller (me in this case) heard no ringtone, which is of course different from normal. Then I selected and deselected the account again, tried from another phone, and the system pushed the call to my iphone, with no account selected! (and still no ringtone for the caller)

Is there a more reliable way to turn off push from the iphone; androids have "exit ignores push" but I don't see that option on my settings.