Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Future of Yealink "G" models

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by avayax, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avayax

Yealink has released their "S" versions of various models, like T42S and T46S.
    Are T42G and T46G going away?
    What about T23G?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

the S models are the replacement for the G models, G models production is being phased out if not already done

avayax likes this.
  3. avayax

Thanks.

What about the T23G, is production for that phased out too?
    What will that be replaced with?

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi avayax,

As stated above the "S" models replacements are for the T4 Series only (currently).

I work for a company who shift a lot of Yealinks (and I mean a lot) and the T23G is one of the most popular phones we sell (due to it being a good solid mid-range phone).

We have not yet seen anything on the road-map to state that this phone is to be replaced anytime soon (I know they have been concentrating their efforts in other areas) but obviously at some point we will see a replacement.

That being said just because the model goes EOL, normally 3CX still provide supported templates for them so you don't need to worry about anything there.

5. avayax

But EOL would mean that firmware updates are no longer pushed for that model, right?

We are planning on buying a few hundred phones and are either going with T42S or T23G, but
    don't know if the T42S is worth the extra price.
    The T23G potentially going EOL much earlier with no more firmware updates would speak for the T42S.

Have you used both and do you see any added value on the T42S that would justify the extra dollars?

6. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Out of the 2 I prefer the T42S so would probably recommend it yes.

The funny situation about the "G" range however is that the T40G and T27G is (in comparison to most other models) fairly new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.