FXO Port

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by erdia, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erdia

Good morning / afternoon / evening, I have a PBX 3CX, and I need to connect via PSTN, but not how to configure it. My phone is a card that came installed on your computer, and what I miss is to join a telephone cable from the PC to the rosette. But not how to make 3cx detect it. From the Windows marker I can make calls, but I want to connect it to the PBX. Thank you!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Need to know the card make and model. If the card is not SIP compatible, then it will not function.

Need to know if the 3CX software is running on the same system where the card is installed.

3. erdia

Thank you, the card is "Agere Systems HDA Modem" and the card is installed on the same 3cx machine

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the past there have been very few "PC card" devices actually supported by 3CX. Many only had Linux drivers available. This is not to say, that it won't work, but, you will have to hope that someone on the forum has had experience with the particular card, or perhaps be prepared to spend some time trying to get it to work. If there is a forum associated with the cards manufacturer, you may want to ask if anyone has had experience using it with 3CX.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I looked up the device.

It is not an FXO port but merely a dial-up modem. It will not work as you had hoped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.