FXS supported?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by VirtualMIS, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirtualMIS

I am evaluating 3CX and while configuring the installation I was kind of surprised to find that there is no provision in the Management Console for configuring an FXS gateway. I searched the forums and saw some mentions of FXS but it is still not clear what the status is. Are FXS gateways supported? Any documentation about FXS gateways? I have an Audiocodes MP-114 that I need to connect some analog phones to.

Matt

2. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Hi,
    We use the Linksys PAP2 without any problems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VirtualMIS

Hannes,

How did you setup the PAP2? I don't see any provision for setting up an FXS gateway in the process of adding an extension. Did you set it up as a PSTN gateway? Did you have to change anything relative to using it as FXS instead of the implied FXO?

Matt

4. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Hi Matt,

You setup the PAP2 as you would setup any IP-Phone... (Not PSTN Gateway)
    I left all the PAP2 setting at default and just Configured "line1" to an extension (in my case 205) and "line2" to an other extension (in my case 206)
    From there we just plugged Dect phones into line1 and line2 on the PAP2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. VirtualMIS

OK, with those clues I was able to get the AudioCodes FXS gateway configured, registered and I can make a call from my IP phone to the attached analog phone. I can't place a call from the analog extension though. I get a dial tone and can enter the digits but it does not initiate the call after entering the 3 digit extension. I must have missed a setting somewhere. Did you figure out that one?

Thanks
    Matt

6. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Hi Matt,

You should press the " # " key after you enter the numbers
    The "#" key on as analogue phone does the same as the "send" button on a IP-Phone

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.