FYI: External Client with VPN

Discussion in 'Windows' started by darrellchapman, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrellchapman

I just wanted to make everyone aware that if your computer or local network is already tunneling (through VPN) to the LAN that your 3CX server is on then you don't need the 3CX VoIP Client Tunnel. Simply point the 3CX VoIP Client to the private IP of the 3CX server and everything should behave. The 3CX VoIP Client Tunnel should only be used for users not already tunneling back to their LAN.

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. philfarey

I have a VPN as you describe....

But when i enter the private IP of the 3CX server it does not register the user and times out.... (i can ping the 3CX servers private IP though)

Can you think of a reason why this wouldnt work?

thanks

Phil

3. darrellchapman

Phil, I just replied to another post of your regarding the same subject.

Is this Windows built-in VPN or some other vendor's? What about the server; is this Windows RAS VPN?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mandev

Ok but we are being diverted.

Who has a working 3cx Tunnel?

I doubt a single user at a time XP based solution that is easy to block is a substitute for what was promised (port 80).

The 3CX client is really good, oh so much more functional than x-lite, more business like and down to earth. Oh so much less gimiky than NCH's Skype client solution and so much more integrated.

I so much want a new release where the tunnel actually works, it will really make this PBX above all other windows based solutions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.