FYI: Twilio CNAM Lookup How To

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by loyer, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loyer

This is just an FYI as I couldn't find any documentation on how to do this specifically for Twilio.

To enable caller id name lookup using Twilio SIP trunks, you need to first enable it on their site. It currently costs $0.01 (1 cent) per call. They have a link on how to do this: https://www.twilio.com/blog/2017/11/elastic-sip-trunking-supports-cnam-lookup.html This change is immediate.

So far, fairly easy....

Next you need to edit the 3CX SIP Trunk Inbound Parameters. The default template when you setup the twilio trunk doesn't have the name field mapped because this is an optional feature.

You need to change the:
    "CallerName" caller's name (default: From->display name)
    To the value of:

It was this last part that I wasn't sure of. Once I made this change, it started working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @loyer

Thank you for posting this as i am sure that many people will find this useful. 3CX does not include this in the standard template as it is an extra paid service as you mentioned.
    If however you are not using the CNAM lookup you need to stick to the default templates as Twilio leaves sip field "From: Display Name" empty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.