Implemented G.729 codec support in the 3cx Phone app

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by aisonet, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aisonet

I would like to request the G.729 codec support in the 3cx phone app (we use the iPhone app specifically so we would like to see it there) to allow you to reduce bandwidth for phone calls within the app to the 3cx server, this is super helpful when using the app in 3G/4G/LTE mode not on WiFi, although it can be and should be used in WiFi mode as well as an option. For the licensing requirements, I think it talks to the 3cx server to see how many licenses are in use for G.729 and then if a license is available or its an incoming call and a license is available then it will enable that codec for the call, if not then it falls back to the other codecs. Also having the ability to select the codecs order in which to use them if available from the server and which codecs to use on Mobile connections and WiFi connections would be great as well.

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

If it is a licensing issue, you maybe could make it optional and charge extra. I think it would be nice to give the user the option, on the other hand I don't like extra charges for x and y, it looks like those ale proprietary pbx systems.
    Maybe include it in the pro version and increase the price of the pro version. I guess it is a little difficult, because you than you would a need a 3cxphone pro. May be you can figure something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.