G729 calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

E.g. i have licence for 8SC. With that automatically I have 4 SC with G729 codec. What will happend if fifth call came to the 3cx with G729 codec (assume that there is already 4 active calls with G729)? 3cx will response with "Forbidden"? Some IVR about licence?

Dont have time to test this in my lab :D

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Hopefully someone can actually verify for you.

From past posts to the Forum, it seemed that when there was no mutually acceptable Codec available, there would simply be silence after the call established, this may have changed in version 12.

Since the G729 Codec is probably (although not necessarily) being used from an extension to 3Cx and not on a trunk to VoIP provider (given the standard is usually G711), 3CX may not have an option to provider a busy signal to the calling party, as one would hope. With an audible signal such as that , the caller is more likely to wait, then try the call again assuming that all lines are busy. Any other condition would lead a caller to believe that they miss-dialled and try again immediately, most likely with the same result.

3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi mixig,

In your scenario if a fifth call comes into 3CX Phone System with G729 then a prompt informing that licence limit has been reached will be played back. i Hope that that answers your questions and if you have any further questions or inquiries please let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mixig

mixig Active Member

That`s it, thanks for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.