Solved G729 codec issue

Discussion in 'iOS' started by complex1, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Can’t enable the G729 codec through provisioning. When select the codec manually and disable all other codecs, I get an error message (Unsupported Media Type) on the screen after dialing a number.
    Do I need something else to do?

Running 3CX v15 SP3 (Windows version)
    3CX client v15.2.2.103
    iPhone 7 - iOS10.1.1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'm not familiar with PBX configuration but, as far as I know, the PBX should not be free or PBX edition, and you have to enable G729 in extension's configuration; after you save the new configuration, in the 3CX client/Settings do a Re-provision and then, in the account, you should see the same codec order/state as the one you set in the PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Vali,

Thank you for your reply.

I am running a NFR license.
    After selecting all available codecs (G729 is not one of them) of the extension in the PBX, I Re-provision the iPhone and all codecs are enabled, except the G729 codec.
    On the iPhone, when I manually disable all codecs and select the G729 the error message occur.

Codec G729 is not available in the PBX even after SP3 is installed.

Attached Files:

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Frank
    We just added G729 support in our clients so, from this point of view, they somehow outdates the PBX :mrgreen:

So, either you wait for the SP4, or you have to edit manually the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini, find the LocalCodecs key and append G729, like this:

Code:
    LocalCodecs = PCMU PCMA G722 GSM G729
    then save it and restart Media Server. (again, as I said, this will be automatically done in SP4)
    Hope it helps
    vali

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi Vali,

I have edit the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini, restart the Media Server as you described and I am very happy now.

Thank you.

6. 604

Hi, I'm running the linux V15 build SP3 and want to enable G729 also.
    I tried editing this field in /var/lib/3cxpbx/Bin/3CXPhoneSystem.ini, and rebooted, no luck
    I then tried adding the field (it was missing) to /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Bin/3CXPhoneSystem.ini, rebooted, no luck...
    Is this able to be done in Linux?

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Better wait for SP4, which will be released soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.