• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

g729

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4him

Reaction score
I have read all the links on G729. This is a required protocol by many PBX systems running on slower or heavy use links. The license is cheap at 10 dollars per line. Please provide G729 in your server, not just a pass through so I can throw my Linux/Asterisks system in the bit bucket and use my professional Windows 2003 server to run my Sip PBX.

We also need a way to do billing. We bill all of our extensions for their used minutes inbound and outbound. We need to be able to announce minutes used as we limit the amount of minutes per month. I am willing to work on this software if I had access to the data and a way to intercept calls incoming and outgoing, modify, announce, and pass the call on.

Kenton Brown
IT Manager
Hospital Loma de Luz

Kenton,

I could not agree more,

First up I do not work for 3CX, but to make things like this work I guess we need to come up with a plan.

For example will it be sufficient to be ODBC something like that.
What type of data set (or data dictonary) do you suggest for example what are the columns you looking for like:
- Caller
- called party
- duration
- start date/time
- end date/time

Announce minutes, what does that mean. For example is there a requirement for a beep after every minute or a display on the phone or disconnect after xyz minutes.

You see there are a lot of ways of interpreting the requirements.

Appart from that, what would be a good interface for example is an XML type interface good enough or is it not fast enough to get it into your billing/cost centre application.

How are the billing cycles done, once a month or in realtime.
Is there a requirement to include cost centres with the extensions or have extensions grouped by cost centres etc.

I am sure a fair few things can be done, but I guess they are working on a product to get the basis wright (and they do a pretty good job at that) and than work from there.

All I can really suggest, to get in touch with one of the 3CX guys and to take it from there.

Hi,

First of all thanks for your feedback!

We have no plans to license G729. The licensing requirements are absolutely ridiculous. Use G711 or GSM and achieve the same thing.

In regards to billing - yes we are working on a billing module which will be a separate add on. It would be an API which you could integrate with your app. Right now you can already access the call logs though and export the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.