G729

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jcoreano, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jcoreano

Can we buy G729 codec for the free version?

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Yes you can - SB Edition - $400US :)
    Also just guessing on the price increase to cover the new royalties. Anyone from 3CX able to release the new price list with 729 added?

Thanks,

3. colin2710

Hi there,

Can we buy extra G729 codec for the paid for versions and at what price per channel?

Regards - Colin

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Pricing is not yet final, but G729 will be included in the paid versions. It is not possible to have it with the free version. There is no additional fee for using G729 when buying a commercial version.

5. colin2710

Hi there,

Thanks for the information, I had seen that it would be available in version 4, but we are going to buy the Pro Version. I see that this version it will include 4 simultaneous calls of G729.

My question was - in the *paid for* (Not the free version) "3CX Pro version" can we buy extra licences to add to the 4 simultaneous calls that are included in the "3CX Pro version".

Many thanks - Colin

6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

That has been discussed but nothing final has been officialy said on that but I hope so. A small office doesn't seem Enterprise but they might need the extra codec licenses.

7. Urbok

Urbok New Member

use gsm instead of g729. you have the same voice quality wirh 13kbit/s bandwidth instead of 8....