Galaxy S3 3cxphone 12.0.97 Screen Turns Off

Discussion in 'Android' started by heymann, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heymann

In general, the phone app is pretty good. One thing I have noticed, however, is that the phone screen goes to it's off or locked state while on a call. I think the app should keep the screen active, and blank it with the proximity sensor. That way, if you move the phone away from you, the screen comes back, without pressing the button and unlocking the phone again. One alternative would be to do an automatic unlock when the call ends, or when the proximity sensor shows the phone was moved from next to something.

Not sure if this is the proper forum for this post. If not, please advise.

Thank you.

Jeremy Heymann

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't recall having an issue with the screen locking or remaining off if I want to key in a number etc. I have the Samsung Rugby Pro which seems to be an S3 but in a rugged case. Have you tried adjusting the screen display and lock times? I find that about 2 minutes to auto screen off and about 5 minutes to auto lock works just fine for me.

3. heymann

Thank you. I could set the phone so as not to lock or turn off for an extended period, but that is a sub-optimal solution. There are several apps which keep the phone from locking, or unlock it automatically when needed. I'm suggesting that the 3cxphone app should attempt to do the same on the android platform.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is the first time that I can recall this issue coming up on the forums. I have to assume that most users are like myself, when I place a call, I'm much more likely to use the keypad immediately after the call is answered, to access voicemail, or negotiate an IVR. the remainder of the call, the phone is to my ear.

You might want to submit a suggestion for a feature, and see how it goes.

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.