Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Galaxy S7, screen goes black

Discussion in 'Android' started by lneblett, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A client is reporting that when trying to use the Android 3CX softphone client, that upon launching the client, his screen simply goes to black and he is then forced to reboot the phone in order to regain any phone functionality. The 3CX version is 15.5SP1, with the client being one he just installed last week from the Android Store. His version of Android is 6 (marshmallow). I have the same phone, but updated to a later Android version when offered. I have no such issue, but then I did not have an issue before the upgrade either. Carrier is T-Mobile, same as mine.

Am uncertain if upgrade will resolve issue, and he is one that if all seems to be working OK, then he is loathe to change for fear of something else breaking.

Seeking advice if anyone else has seen issue and can comment before I push too hard on doing the upgrade.

2. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

Does this happen each time he is launching the client ?
    Also, what is his current client version ?

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Marios Neophytou, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.