Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Gamma SIP trunk - can't withold CLI?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adminbod, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adminbod

Hi,

Has anyone worked out how to withold the CLI for outbound calls via a Gamma SIP trunk ?

*5 just replaces the CLI thats defined in the users Extn settings with the first number in Gamma's DID range.

Tried x2 other SIP providers and *5 works fine - so must be something to do with Gamma, but not sure what.

regards,
    Dom

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This forum has a post specifically mentioning Gamma.

http://www.swyx-forum.com/topic/738-withhold-numbers-on-sip-trunks/

This document mentions how it's done, under "anonymous"

http://www.gamma.co.uk/media/1870/sip-trunks-a-to-z-glossary-v11.pdf

Note the comment under CLI Flexibility, regarding the first number of a DDI range being sent.

3. adminbod

Great find- thanks!

from that info, I managed to work out that on the Gamma SIP trunk 'Outbound Parameters' config page, if I changed the..

"P-Asserted Identity : User Part" from 'Leave default value' to "OutboundCallerId"

then using *5 now correctly withholds the outbound CLI

However, as one thing gets solved, another raises its head...

Along the same theme, I've discovered that calls forwarded to external numbers by an extension rule like...

Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time
    Forward calls to an external number or Skype ID

were ignoring the extensions defined outbound caller ID and were presenting the first DID number in the Gamma SIP range.

Trial and error ensued but I discovered that by changing the "From : User Part" from "OriginatorCallerID" to "OutboundCallerId" when an inbound call now gets forwarded to an outside number (as a result of an extension forwarding rule) the CLI at the other end will now show as the extensions defined CLI, not the first DID in the Gamma range.

Hoping these two tweaks don't have any unforeseen consequences or implications elsewhere? If not, I'm not sure why they are not pre baked into the Gamma Trunk template.

cheers,Dom

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out for you.

Perhaps your findings have uncovered something that was previously overlooked, and will affect a change to the template.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.