Solved Gamma SIP Trunk Setup - Help !!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Matthew Cooper, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Cooper

Hi,

Sorry I am having real issues with setting up a couple of SIP trunks I have.

I have been given by Gamma,

Endpoint 1 (with a specific ID)
    Endpoint 2 (with a specific ID)
    IP Address ( its the IP of my hosted PBX with 3CX )
    Channels - 5
    Signalling UDP port 5060 egress/ingress (basically an IP address)
    Media UDP ports 6000 - 40000 egress/ingress (basically an IP address)

So in 3CX I added a SIP trunks and have put the registrar IP as the signalling UDP port 5060 IP
    I have put the number of simultaneous calls as 5, as that's how many channels we have

In route calls to main trunk number box I have put the "Endpoint 1" ID that I got from Gamma and have also tried putting one of the 5 DDIs' that we have in this box but that didn't do anything.

In the DID / DDI number tab, i have tried the endpoint 1 number and the first DDI and neither worked.

In the outbound caller ID I put the first DDI in

In the Options tab I put the IP of our Hosted 3CX PBX in the "Put Public IP in SIP VIA Header" box

None of this seems to do anything and for 2 days none of the below values have said anything, they are blank:

Register Sent
    Register OK
    Last Failed Register

So I have no idea if its failed or working, or not?!

Thanks,

Matt

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

What ver of 3CX ? as version 15.5 has the template for Gamma. Is the 3CX server hosted locally or in the cloud

Add SIP trunk, select UK and finally Gamma. Fill in the required fields, should not change any repopulated fields

Have you setup the required port following , also does the firewall checker pass ?

Why not ring Gamma support, as it is supported system

3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

This isn't the Gamma resiliency service is it? I've known several resellers trying to use this service in the past and as you are aware Gamma are single instance only (but I know a work around).

Be aware that an IP authenticated SIP trunk will show green/registered whether it is working or not - there is no registration process.

4. Matthew Cooper

Thanks both of your for your replies.

Sorry I had no idea that their was no registration process! went back to the homepage and it said the trunks were ready! so I assigned one of the DDI's to myself and it worked fine!

Thanks,

Matt

5. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear your issue was resolved.

6. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Just for the sake of the string also I did suggest a potential work around for the Gamma redundancy service in my previous post. The process is:

Firstly make sure the required IP addresses for both trunks are allowed through the firewall (normal Gamma setup for IP authentication) both trunks at the Gamma end will need to be setup for your 3CX's Public IP address.

The fudge that would need to be done within 3CX for the system to be able to differentiate between the two trunks would be to put a "fake" Authentication ID in both individual trunks - under Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID). This should be different to each trunk. E.g. first trunk authentication ID 12345 second trunk 45678.

So long as you have your 2 IP authenticated trunks both pointing at your 3CX's public IP, and 3CX has a single default gateway you shouldn't be an issue.

Whilst there is a work-around for this service I would strongly recommend that if you want a fail-over trunk then you acquire a Registration based trunk- this work-around I have only sent to customers in the event they have bought this service from Gamma without understanding the implications - Gamma also sell this service but do not take into account the PBX/Platform you will be running it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.