• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gap with Prompt Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis Burgess

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using CFD to build our main number IVR. There's a lot more functionality than just using virtual extensions and the standard IVR. I had originally tried using a couple of IVR and virtual extensions to achieve my requirements. But with the minimum 1 second forwarding delay on extensions, there were gaps which were clearly noticeable.

At the top of the CF, I have a 'Welcome' announcement, followed by a 2nd announcement (this WAV file will be dynamic, using another CF to allow the boss to insert important messages on snow days, etc). Normally the 2nd announcement is blank (and will be a 0 second WAV file). Following the announcements is a menu with various options.

I've checked the test WAV files in Audacity and trimmed the start and end of the audio to ensure there's no silent gaps. However, I've noticed that between each Prompt Playback, there's a gap of about a second. I can't explain it.

Is the CFD inserting a gap? If so, why and could this be controllable in a future version? I would prefer there to be no delay between each step / prompt. Ideally, if a delay is required, it would be a variable (e.g. 1 second).

Or, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Hi @Lewis Burgess,

Try setting AllowDtmfInput=true for your Prompt Playback components.

Kind regards.
Ernesto

Hi,
This helped. Why is this?
Thanks.

Hi @Lewis Burgess,

When you set AllowDtmfInput=True, prompts are not played back immediately, but instead they're queued to be played when the app needs to collect input, for example in a Menu or User Input component. Because of this, messages are played back one after the other without any delay.

On the other hand, when you set AllowDtmfInput=False, prompts are played back immediately, ignoring any DTMF input while messages are being played. And then after the message has been completely played, the app moves to the next component. This behavior adds a small delay between each message.

Kind regards.
Ernesto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RTYYU908
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.