Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Garbled phonecalls (external only)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tqhx, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tqhx

(Posted this in the wrong section at first)

3cx tied to 8 analog lines on a grandstream 4108. All linksys/cisco phones. You guys have helped me solve everything so far so im back for more.

Most of the time its fine, but i can recreate the issue if i keep trying. Its about 1 out of 10 calls either coming in from outside or going from inside to outside. Internal seems to be just fine.

I messed with the codecs and tried all the different ones available in the grandstream and got the same results every time.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could it be one of the lines on the analogue side? Try making each one busy, one at a time, unplugging the phone line should do it, then make some test calls, see if it is one specific trunk. You could plug in a regular phone into each line and try a couple of calls,if they all seem clear then it is a bad port on the gateway or something intermittent on the phone line and it just didn't happen when you made a call.

3. tqhx

Thats a good plan. I have a linksys single i was going to send some calls through and see if its the GS or 3CX for certain. Should only take about ten phone calls. If it fails ill set to verbose and post here. Thanks for the reply.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is better to try to make the wireshark capture for that call.
    It will contain all information.
    It is not mandatory, just suggestion...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tqhx

I dont remember doing this but the issue was way too easy. Shouldnt even have posted here. PBX delivers audio was checked for the gateway in 3cx. Unchecking that and have not had an issue since. Thanks for the good suggestions. Wish i could remember when and why i did that though! :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.