• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

gate phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

netswork

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I have a customer that has a gate access control device that ties into their current analog phone system. The person at the gate presses the button which rings a phone and then the person on the phone presses a button to open the gate.

If I had an FXS interface how could I program it it so that when then gate button is pressed the fxs port automatically dials an extension number?

It really depends on what is actually happening when the button is pressed. If it just goes off-hook and dials a pre-programmed number, like a speed-call, then it should work the same way, with an ATA, as it is simulating a regular phone with one speed call.

The other option is that many ATA's can be set-up to dial a number by simply going off-hook, if that option works for you. I can confirm that the Linksys SPA2102 will do this. You would have to confirm with any other ATA you might consider buying, if, you need that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.