Gateway DIDs do not create inbound rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

When I set up a Patton SN4970 T1 gateway on v15 SP5, I added 5 DIDs and told it where to route the trunk during and after hours. Afterwards, I don't see any Inbound Rules. Should I?

Confused because according to this, "When adding DIDs from the Trunk interface it automatically creates an Inbound Rule..." And in fact I see that on another install with SIP trunks. Does the automatic creation of inbound rules only apply to SIP trunks? If all calls from the T1 should route the same (no DIDs to distinct extensions), do I even need an inbound rule?

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @mcbsys

Please note that the guide refers to an alder version of the PBX and will be corrected, thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Also if you wish all the numbers to be routed to the same destination then do not need to have inbound rules as you can use the Routing of calls to Main Number option under your gateway settings

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Yiannis, thanks for the explanation and confirmation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.