Gateway does not work in v15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xeg12, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xeg12

I have an Obi 110 which I use to connect my PSTN line in to 3cx.

I have just upgraded to v15 (free version) and now the Obi will not register - it gets error 404 - user not know. Nothing has changed!
    Has anyone else had this issue?

At present I will have to downgrade to v14 as without the PSTN gateway 3cx is of very limited use.

(I do realise the Obi is not a recommended gateway but it has worked through previous versions of 3cx setup as a generic gateway. I always upgrade using a backup so the setup should remain the same)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Given the "reports', in the forum, of SPA-3102's having similar issues after an upgrade, I have to assume that some of the settings are not being restored correctly. The Obi setting should not have changed as there is no auto-configure file to download. If the log isn't showing any sign of registration, then confirm that the 3CX trunk setting have the correct IP and port, that matches that in the Obi. Be sure that the IP of the 3CX server remains the same as what the Obi has. The User name (trunk number) and password should have remained the same, but it might be an idea to check. Still, you'd see an error in the logs if those were incorrect.

3. xeg12

All IP addresses are the same. I tried updating the password at both ends, but still got "user not recognised" in the Obi AND in the 3cx activity log.
    I also tried changing the Id / number at both ends - no difference.

I thought of setting up a new gateway entry but 3cx does not allow me to create a new gateway entry.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As I understand it, in the "free" version of 15, you're only allowed one trunk. I assume that this is your only trunk. If you delete it, will it not allow you to create a single trunk again?

5. xeg12

I have a SIP account AND the Obi box.
    In v14 and before I did not use the SIP trunk option - the SIP account and Obi were both managed in other sections (PSTN gateway for the Obi) where now the sip account (single user not trunk) and Obi are both managed in the SIP trunk option.

Because of this I am reverting to v14 until I hear things have changed (though I might play with adding the sip account to the Obi box)

6. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Leejor is correct. 3CX v15 PBX Edition (free) only supports one trunk so that means you can have either a SIP trunk or a FXO Gateway but not one of each.

If you want more than one trunk you need the paid version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. xeg12

Pre v15 I am not sure my personal sip account counted as a sip trunk, so it was not an issue.
    Anyway I have reverted to v14 and solved the problem. I actually prefer its admin interface anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.