Gateway for single PSTN line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ETAU, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETAU

What is the cheapest option to connect a single PSTN line to 3CX as a fall back in case SIP fails for whatever reason... Internet or provider being down?

Looking to do this at two sites.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Linksys SPA-3102 if you can find them - EOL production

Search the internet you may be able to source some.

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

HT503 is a FXO/FXS gateway/ATA is cheap and available.
    Bear in mind that the HT503 isn't supported by 3CX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Came across these, on line, the other day...

http://www.hanlongtek.com/productDetail.php-t_work_id=1126.htm

The company seems to be working with 3CX, and some of their phones are, or will be supported, but, I'm not sure if this gateway will works the same manner as a 3102. With the name, they do seem to be inferring that it works in the same manner as a 3102, I'm sure that isn't a coincidence. That is yet to be seen, and I'm not sure who carries them. Might be interesting, if the sell at the right price and ends up being "supported" by 3CX.

For the time being, the 3102 can be found if you do some searches. On Amazon they used to be about $70 US and have gone up to $90. Look around and you may find them for less.

5. fonewiz

Is there an officially supported single port FXO adapter? I could almost care less if it's officially supported by 3CX but other folks I work with prefer I stick with supported hardware. Thanks.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't believe that there is, not that there are a lot of single line units to choose from in the market. 3CX did officially support the 3102 at one time, and I'm not certain why that changed other than the fact that the majority of business user are probably looking for more than one or two line devices.

The 3102 does continue to work, just fine.

http ://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-spa3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

7. fonewiz

For my use, it's the need for a single backup line rather than an all out gateway to handle all the calls. So, single line FXO is perfect for backup purposes to get a customer through in a pinch when/if their internet connection goes down.

Thanks for the additional info.

8. ETAU

I just had a look at the Linksys SPA3102. Looks like the right device. They can be found here on eBay.com.au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cisco-Linksys-SPA3102-Voice-Gateway-with-Router-/281739810112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4199005540

I just bought 4. 2 to use on existing projects and 2 spare. Looks like the perfect device. I am now returning a much more expensive Patton gateway that supported four lines.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

And that was the advantage of the 3102 over a multi port gateway, along with providing a "bonus" FXS port. It's a shame that Linksys did not feel it worthwhile to come out with an updated version when they revamped several of their ATA's. I have to assume that sales did not warrant its continuation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.