Gateway Hangup problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andrewscheng, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewscheng

Hi folks, we have just recently bought the 3CX PhoneSystem v7. We are currently having problems with port/trunk disconnection. As from what we have observed, when someone from the outside calls a PBX local through the VoIP Gateway (we are using a Grandstream GXW4108, Program-- 1.0.1.10 Loader-- 1.1.3.4 Boot-- 1.1.3.2 ) and hangs up PREMATURELY, the local number still keeps on ringing. The port/trunks status shows up as connected as well.

Thank you.

2. andrewscheng

Re: 3CX Hangup problem

Thanks. Any other method to solve the problem? Unfortunately, we have already bought the GS VoIP GW.

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Andrew
    This problem happens only if "local numbers" are one of the 3CX softphones - v6/7 Client or Voip Phone - or for any hard/softphone?

vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is the telco sending a disconect signal? Usually this is a complete open circuit (no voltage) for a split second, this allows some customer equipment to realize that the caller has hung up and drop the call. Of course the gateway would have to be able to or be set to recognize this.

5. alex2911

The same issue here with the version 7.0.7477.

The Trunk always hang if the sip-account hang up before the (external) caller do.
    In my tests this happend just for incoming calls. Not for outgoing.

Detailed info:
    I call from my mobile the 3CX. The SIP-Phone is a Box from AVM with an analog phone.
    After i hang up the sip-phone, the trunk is still connected until i hang up on the mobile phone too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Could you take a wireshark capture on your PBX while making the inbound call and then do the premature hang up and then stop the capture and post the results? I want to see what your gw is doing.

Thanks.

Mike

7. alex2911

Hi

This is not possible because it is a server with ~ 100 hosts, voip, 2 mailservers, mssql :(
    it would be (for me) too much.
    And i am also not a pro with windows software at all.

But i will try tomorrow the beta at home.

My VOIP-Phone is a router called "AVM Fritz!Box" and worked before on asterisk (Debian - i switched from debian to windows .....). Also the Trunk is the same.
    So it must be the 3CX Server.

I tried some configuration-changes but nothing do the job.

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Your grandstream is not configured correctly to recognize the busy or hang up tones of the German voice network. You have to contact Grandstream support to get the right call progress tones.

This link will help but you need to format them correctly for grandstream

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

Or else get a patton gateway....

9. alex2911

Problem solved here with the new beta 7.1

10. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is not solved by "new beta 7.1". Please, don't confuse readers. You have changed something in your environment (directly or indirectly), isn't it?

Thanks

11. alex2911

Puh - no. I didn't changed anything. Not as i know.
    The same gateway, the same voip (AVM). The same routes.

12. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It looks like we don't know what we do... ;)

13. alex2911

well, i am familiar with asterisk but completly new @ windows and 3cx. sorry for mistakes.

14. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Admin referred you to 3amsystem for the tone sets. This should out you in the right road.

If you still encounter issues please advise country and telco and we shall tell you what to try out for disconnect tones. We are currently working towards templating the GXW series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.