Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

gateways + codecs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iperez_genius, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iperez_genius

In general is it possible to add codecs to the list that a gateway provides?

I have a gradnstream 4xxx and it only has

PCMU
    PCMA
    G.273.1
    G.729A/B
    GSM

which maybe enough...not the point, can i add different codecs as i wish...if so how?

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Hi

the list of codex that may be selected in the grandstream configuration is the list of codex that the device supports. It means that other codex are not supported by this device.

Any additional codex can only be included by a firmware update from the grand stream manufacturer.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iperez_genius

right and i assume this concept applies to all devices...in general

no need for a reply...thanks for the help

thats probably obvious to most people :)

Ilan

4. iperez_genius

so then my next questioin is...
    does anyone have a gateway that support really high end codecs, that have a greater sampling rate than 8000 Hz

?

does anyone know where i can find this information?

Ilan

5. moon1234

The analog PSTN does not need to support rates higher than 8K as the PSTN does not resolve anything that high. If you were to use a PRI or BRI gateway then you could use PCMU in the US or PCMA in the UK (You will need a PRI, BRI or channelized digital connection like a T-1, ISDN or E1. PCM should be the highest end PSTN connection you will ever need. The only way to get better voice quality is a direct IP connection between all endpoints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.