Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Gatway Error?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jrjohnson, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrjohnson

I have searched the forum for this already but what I have found so far hasn't been the solution to my problem.

I get the following error, like a few others here have gotten:

Call or Registration to OutsideNumber@(Ln.10000@Patton ISDN T1) has failed. PBXGateway replied: 503 Service Unavailable; from IP:pBXGateway:5060

Currently running 3CX v15 SP1 while using a Patton SN4970 Gateway with T1 service provided by Windstream. Tested the line going to the outside world and it tests fine. On the status page of the Patton gateway, it lists that the E1/T1 link is down. But I'm grasping at straws as to what the cause could be.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the gateway has a syslog server option, you might use that to gather additional information about the issue it is having.

3. jrjohnson

I found the issue.

Currently in 3CX v15, the generated config file leaves out one line that was causing the issue for me. The e1t1 port of the Patton SN4970 needed to be configured for permanent activity.

Specifically this:

"q921
    permanent-layer2
    uni-side auto
    encapsulation q931"

The text in bold is what was missing from the config file generated by 3CX.

I don't know if other T1 providers and/or gateways would need this specifically configured but I hope this helps someone avoid a headache.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.