G'day from down under!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by online8, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. online8

Hi,
    Firstly, I'd like to say hi, my name is Jon. I currently live in Sydney Australia. After working at a company that used and sold 3CX, I was lucky enough to attend the 3CX training in Sydney last year. I loved the training, attempted the exam and failed. I then left that job and now work in a Council that currently does not use 3CX but I am working on it....
    A friend of mine became a 3CX partner and so did I and recently we have discussed the idea of studying together. This encouraged me (along with a request from my wife to utilize the Cisco 7960 phones that we have) to install and configure 3CX at home.

Now my setup is not a supported one in that the VoIP provider is not currently supported and i'm using Cisco 7960 phones. So far I have setup the following:
    2 x sip trunks. 1 is through my ISP (Exetel) and the other is through Telecube.
    I have 3 extensions setup. 1 is to my mobile and this is separate to my Cisco 7960 and desktop soft phone. The reason I kept the mobile separate is that my kids want to call me from home sometimes.
    My ISP trunk was easy to configure as it is a username/password authentication trunk but Telecube was a different story. I had to configure an ip trunk for the incoming and then a separate extension to use as the outgoing trunk. Yes technically I have 3 trunks.
    My isp trunk will be going soon as it is being used as practice right now.
    My Cisco 7960 phone is configured with two extensions. 1 receives and makes calls through Telecube and the other extension is for the ISP trunk.

My next step is to configure a second Cisco 7960 phone that my wife will use. It will also have two extensions; 1 will be for her business and the other will be for the home line. We plan to have one home number that will have an extension on each phone and then we will also have a DID number each for our own businesses.

If you have any questions feel free to reply to this post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.