Gear Up. V15.5 BETA is Here and Available for a Test Drive

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 nb, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. DL_

DL_

You must have seen this question coming ... No mention of VAD?

There must be some news on this surely?

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes the VAD is currently undergoing final tests... We are planning beta of this soon. Stay tuned..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leepickersgill

I have noticed the beta in the updates screen, if we have automatic updates enabled will the beta be installed?

bdarcyevans likes this.
  5. jem1

I know we cannot go from Alpha to beta without reinstall, but since we can go to beta from the management console, can we go to RTM from beta?

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Beta updates are not automatically installed.
    Only release updates.
    They are a great way to evaluate and get a feel of how the final is going to look like.
    Beta updates should not be installed on production. It is good practice to have a server on the side which has 3CX installed for evaluation and you can apply the beta updates that come up.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Beta updates can be applied on existing systems.
    You cannot rollback a beta update.
    You can go from a beta to another beta or from a beta to the final.
    The problem with the Alpha is a one time problem. A bug in the alpha. That will not happen again. Uninstall the alpha taking a backup before and install this beta. Restore backup and off you go.

Nick Galea and CentrexJ like this.
  8. jem1

Nicky,
    Thanks. I installed it on a test server, the release notes are not overly clear and I need to test something, but shared parking can use the Music on Hold playlists, right? That's what I'm going to test as it's a HIGHLY asked for feature from our customers who use Shared Parking.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes shared parking music on hold can be bound to MOH playlists. Correct. Go ahead and let us know if you have issues.

CentrexJ likes this.
  10. jem1

Nicky,

I have it working though some more questions with this. The shuffle feature, does it just randomly play music all the time with shared parking? I can keep putting a call on shared park and hear the same music until it gets to the next one. Is there a way like general MOH to randomize it per call parked? That's what I know some of our customers are going to want.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The shuffle plays in complete random order the music files you put in the playlist. I think if you hold an existing call you will get the same music. Don't test like this.
    Make one call and park it. You should hear one music.
    Make a second call and park it. You should hear a random picked file.
    make a third call and park it - Another file should be played.

12. computer123

Nicky - a few questions:

1. There seems to be no HOLD feature through WebCTI - at least for Yealink phones?
    2. Any thoughts about being able to "drag" a call to another extension to transfer it?
    3. In the Contacts section of Webclient, the "Import" button has a Download icon next to it. Should be an Upload icon, no?
    4. Any chance of connecting a CTI call while it's ringing as opposed to when other party answers? There's often a delay and the first few seconds are missed.

Thanks

13. computer123

Same here. Access Denied.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Enable recordings from add/edit an extension > Phone Provisioning > 3CX Client > Access Section.

comms1 likes this.
  15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

add/edit an extension > Phone Provisioning > 3CX Client > Access Section.

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hold not available in Webclient CTI. Make it from the phone.
    Drag and drop - in the pipe
    Icon yes - Yes makes sense.
    Not sure exactly. Depends on the phone and on the firmware. Make sure you update the firmware. And give us spec of phone and firmware so we check. We dont reproduce this delay because uacsta is faster in sip and cti is in web. So you would need to open a support ticket on this and provide deep detail.

17. computer123

Got it. Lastly, a question - in the Open Contact URL field in the WebClient, is there any way to separate out the area code, first 3 digits and last 4 digits of a call to 3 separate fields or must the entire phone number be in one field?

Thanks.

18. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No it is all in one field.
    Add it formatted properly as you want it. As you would have done it in the ui you mention.

19. computer123

Not sure what you mean "Add it formatted properly as you want it." Right now the software passes me this:

phoneAreaCode=xxx&phoneFirstDigits=xxx&phoneLastDigits=xxxx

Not sure how to get that to 10 digits together for 3CX.

20. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sorry I misunderstood you before. I thought you were referring to the way a contact is saved.
    That part is not complete yet. And it will not work in the way you expect it.
    Also CRM's normally have 1 variable for caller id not 3. It is up to the crm to detect the formatting of the number. You will have variable %callerid% or %usercontact%. Its not ready. Don't try it for now.

computer123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.