Gempro GSM Gateway Solution

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rnoguera, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnoguera

We just installed a GSM Gateway from Gempro: http://www.gempro.com.tw/

It is inexpensive, small and it even works. Sound quality is good.
    Setup is very similar to Portech products, for those who use it, but the approach is innovative.
    The gateways don't have a built-in phone but a bluetooth interface.
    They pair with an ordinary GSM phone using bluetooth and the use the phone to place and receive calls.

On the 3CX side, we got it running with the same settings of the old-burned Portech gateway we were substituting.

2. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

That is excellent news. If you would like to create a configuration guide for it we will definitely consider publishing it on the 3CX WIKI for the community to use.

Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. omnideas

I bought the products from Ebay. I think the prodcuts which are applied to 3G and VoIP are good solutions.The price for the products are cheap.Tim

4. J_Li

Hello tim
    Which Gempro model did you try? GP-710 or GP-530? And how much did it cost?
    2N VoiceBlue Lite is expensive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rnoguera

We have GP-712. It costed arround 270 $.

6. omnideas

GP-710 USD$160+shipping fee.
    GP-530 USD$149+shipping fee.
    Thx
    Tim

7. greenlab

Hi,

i am also considering ordering some G712 units...but since there is no documentation available on Gempro website, i need to ask here to get some feedback from someone who actually uses it...so here are a few questions :

- I need to have 4-5 units and i need to send calls to them from our SER Sip proxy (static public IP) to be terminated on the 3G Gsm network. Is it possible ? I will send the numbering in E164 format.

- Does it support fake ringing for the outgoing calls to GSM or it has only 183 Session progess mode ?

- Have you experienced any Fake Answer (FAS) on the outgoing calls to GSM on this units ?

- If the 2 lines are busy, does the unit return 503 - Service Unavailable ?

- Is the bluetooth connection stable or it drops from time to time ?

I know this are a lot of questions but please answer witch one you can...Thanks a lot,

Calin

8. omnideas

As I know, I can reply you some questions. It's ok to send calls from SER Sip proxy to be terminated on the 3G Gsm ntework.
    There would be three ways from out going calls to GSM
    1. when dial out answering
    2. When 183+GSM answering
    3.When GSM answering: Before GSM answering, you will hear a sip ring back tone.
    When bluetooth is not ready, it will send 503.
    The bluetooth connection is stable and I advise the distance from bt to the box should be close.
    You can send them email to ask the manuals. It would be ok.
    Tim

9. greenlab

Thanks a lot Omni...did you experienced any Fake Answer with this units ? I am not sure how bluetooth works, in a view like the mobile network plays a message "the subscriber you have called is not available for the moment" and it does not send an "answer" message to the GSM phone. However i am not sure how this is being translated over bluetooth and further to SIP , as we would definitely would not like to get and "answer" and being billing for such an announcement...

10. omnideas

If you don't like to hear this message, you can set outgoing answer mode " when answer''.

Tim

11. Jefferyporter

I've just got the reply by Gempro about how to make the GP-712 Gateway pass Caller ID to 3CX.
    i guess someone may need this information:
    Enter the IP of SIP server and the SIP account of this gateway in Uplink Route.
    For example,
    SIP server IP: 192.168.0.5
    GP-712 SIP account: 10000
    Then in the Uplink field, enter: 192.168.0.5.10000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.