Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

General advice for newbie

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CTJackal, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTJackal

Hi, Looking at installing 3CX server as an alternative to our existing Avaya phone system. Ive tried the demo version (2 calls) and have got most items working with softphones. All seems great so far, but all out staff are asking me questions about this and I haven't an answer for the most popular question. Now I know I could go out and buy a whole load of VOIP phones (Grandstream look to be value for money), set everything up and find if it does what they want, but I think I'd be fired if the answer was no. So.....

They would like to be able to see on screen the called ID (or preferably caller name if known) for all incoming calls. Not only that, but would like to be able to answer an incoming call of their choice rather than just the next in line. They'd also like to be able to drag and drop calls from the incoming list to either a. their extension, b. voicemail, c. nowhere (hang up).

Is this feasable?

Carlos.

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello,

all of this is possible. all depend of physical phone. you can have phone with 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 line etc....

if you had in your directory the name of contact, when they call you you can see name... you can jump to vocemail, you can make a call waiting etc etc.... every tthink is possible.

if you want a good physical phone i suggest spa922 or 942 (number of line), and they are not expensive.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CTJackal

Thanks for that ehermouet.

May I ask why I need phones with multiple lines? Doesn't the 3CX server handle that? Or is it so I can see multiple callers?

Another thought. Is the number to name translation dependent on having them stored in the phone? Isn't there a server based phonebook so that everyone can share the info?

Carlos

4. discovery1

discovery1 Member

Hi Carlos

Look at the Snom range of phones and the CTI Flexor software included with them. That combination will provide a good part of the features that you are after, like incoming call ID via a popup. It integrates really well with Outlook if you are using it.

The 3CX Call assistant will offer other parts of the features you are after as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ciscotech2007

Good questions.

Remember, 3CX is the best windows IP PBX out there.

You can recieve incoming Caller ID (CID) on all INBOUND CALLS but your INBOUND gateway must support CID and your service must include CID.

You can drap and drop calls through 3CXs Assistant.

You can direct calls to extensions through DIDs;
    http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual7/phone-system49.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.