General Improvements for AUDIO Conference Lines

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by SupportRequestor, Apr 3, 2017.

General Improvements for AUDIO Conference Lines 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. SupportRequestor

Static Conference Lines
    In the past you could work around this by scheduling an absurdly long conference call (e.g. 1000 years). In v15, you cannot schedule a conference for more than 24 hours. The reason for having such a long conference line is because 3CX does not allow recurring conferences. So organizations workaround the limitation by scheduling a 1000 year conference (I've seen this suggestion on these boards quite a few times) then make a resource in Exchange for people to schedule that line. It would be nice to have a more official way of doing this.

Recurring Conferences
    Provide a means to create a conference call for more than one occurrence.

Notify Attendees that a Conference was Canceled
    Currently, if the user deletes a conference call, no notification is sent to the attendees that the conference was canceled and instead the organizer has to send a separate e-mail that people may or may not read. Some attendees don't even know how to delete meetings off their calendar and this simplifies the process. I had initially request this feature but it was implemented for Web Conferences rather than audio conferences. Reference: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/have-3cx-send-audio-conference-cancellation-notices.44973/

The lack of the first two features is the sole reason why my organization cannot upgrade to v15.

The_Niels likes this.
  2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Well the work-around for #1 has changed. Instead of scheduling a super long conference, schedule a conference that starts at a far date in the future. The conference is live the second you schedule it, even if it's not meant to start for another week or two. It will end at the appropriate time though. ;) (very wierd setup IMO)
    ... this kind of works as a recurring conference as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    The_Niels likes this.
  3. SupportRequestor

Thanks that helps a lot.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

so in this manner - anyone can dial into your conf system if they know about it?
    I was on a call last week with company XYZ using their Conference Bridge.
    And sure enough, their conf line works this week and I can listen in... or have my own conference using their equipment.

Is this very safe?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yes they can, and no, it's not very safe.
    Before we could have a permanent bridge by making a REAAAALLLY long conference call, however that would be done on purpose.
    With the new way conferences are setup all bridges are active the second they're scheduled, so it's easy to accidentally have usable bridges that last a while.

6. SupportRequestor

If they know the six digit ID number they could. We don't use just one line either. I set them up with specific purposes which reduces the circulation. Some conferences are scheduled through 3CX as needed. We just need this for the recurring conferences because asking somebody to schedule the conference in the phone system for every occurrence is going to result in people forgetting to do so. I could regen the PIN every so often if I wanted to reduce the leakage. There really isn't an alternative that not annoying.

Also, since the .ics file doesn't set the scheduler as the organizer, there is reduced management functionality when scheduling through 3CX (E.g. people don't get notified when conferences are deleted and other such things).

#6 SupportRequestor, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017