General Info

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by culture123, Apr 13, 2007.

1. culture123

Good Afternoon,

We currently have the Avaya IP Platform for our telephone system
    (IP406, IP400). I am looking for a Phone Dialer Application we could incorporate in our web application. For instance our sales team use an
    in-house web application to access customer info. We would like to be able to click the phone number field in the web page and be able to dial the customer number automatically on the phone. Would I be able to use the 3CX phone system to accomplish this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank-You

Kind Regards
    JP

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not at this stage.

But the enterprise version is hinting towards exchange integration and other goodies.

It depends how you want to slice and dice this and where you keep your customer base.

What I am hoping for is the following:
    - Call comes in.
    - Call ID is found and matched to records in exchange
    - Caller details are displayed based upon the information found in exchange.

For outbound:
    - Open exchange actually outlook.
    - select person to contact
    - number is dialed
    - connection is made
    - call is handed off to designated IP phone or soft phone to start the conversation.

Now this is how I like to see it (on a high level) but that does not mean that it actually is going to be like that. I have no information or details on what will be in the enterprise version and how it will work.

But what you try to achieve should be possible, but there might be some custom changes required and it depends on you feeder system (your customer database).

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are adding these types of features in 3CX Call Assistant.

But you would have to dump the old AVAYA system. We have no plans for integration with such platforms.....

4. NigelG

Hi Nick

Is the integration likely to innclude MAPI annd ODBC ???

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Nigel,

Most probably , We will allow any TAPI application to place calls... ODBC or MAPI would not be handy in this case.

Nick