Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved General Mailbox, no extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roy Pitchford, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Pitchford

I have incoming calls on a particular line ringing a number of phones in a group.
    If the call is not answered, would like the call to go to a general mailbox, not one of the ringing extensions.
    I don't see a way to create a mailbox without adding an extension.
    If I add an extension, it seems it must register to some device or it won't do anything.
    Notification is not a problem as I would just email/delete them.
    Does anyone know a way to do this without having a number of devices sitting around just keeping an extension registered?

Thanks, Roy

2. David Blount

I create "virtual" extensions all the time. Create one and just don't assign a device to it. You can then have the voicemails sent to which ever email you have on file for the extension. I tend to setup a distribution list email for the contact so a couple of people receive the emails in case some one is out.

3. Roy Pitchford

OK, I think I have solved this. I had been forwarding to the extension rather than directly to the mailbox number.

Case closed... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.