Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Generic SIP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mullenlaw, Feb 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullenlaw

I have a setup with a PRI and Sangoma card. It looks like the Sangoma has failed. The provider can give us generic SIP to go around the Sangoma.

The router is now a device on the local network.
    I was able to setup the SIP connection but the call terminates at about 15 secs.

The provider tells me 3cx is looking for a registration acknowledgement. There should be no registration.

I think 3cx is terminating the call because it's not getting registration confirmation.

How can I stop 3cx from requiring registration?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have the trunk group set up to not register then it won't be a "registration confirmation" problem. I assume that you have changed the settings in this 3CX trunk group to NOT require registration.

It may be that 3CX isn't getting an ACK message. This may be something to do with your STUN setting/use of STUN. The provider is probably trying to send the message to the wrong IP.

3. Mullenlaw

What I've found is that 3cx is blacklisting the IP address form 2 or 3 seconds. That is probably what is causing the problem.

How can I whitelist an IP?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The log should explain why the IP is being blacklisted, you need to sort that out. You can change the settings, if that helps but you risk problems with hackers.

5. Mullenlaw

Well, we found the blacklisting issue was unrelated. It was an actual attack.
    Our provider wasn't on top of it adn the IP facing 3cx was the localip of the gateway box.

Once we sorted that out we found our provider had NAT problems.

12 days of them saying it's 3cx and us providing pcap logs. We had to hire an outside expert to look at it and tell them what we've been saying all along.

Lesson: If you detect arrogance with your provider, move on.

:S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.