Get Active Queue Agent Number

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by farish, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farish

I have a queue which has polling strategy set to longest waiting
    I have agents Extensions 410, 411, 412, 413
    I am using Call Flow Designer to get the session.ani and write that data into a database using a REST web service.
    The queue is working fine, Inserting into the database is working fine.
    However i am unable to get the agents extension number that the call is sent to.
    I need to write that data also into the database using the REST web service.
    For example, 1234567 (session.ani) is picked up by 412
    I am unable to get the extension number part.
    How can i achieve this?

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @farish,

You are receiving the call at a CFD queue, and then you transfer the call to the queue where agents are logged in, right?

When you transfer the call in the CFD app, you lose control of that call. You have 2 possible options to get the agent extension that picked up the call:
    1) You can use the 3CX Call Control API to monitor active calls in the system, so you know which extension picked up.
    2) You can read the CDRs generated by 3CX after the call has ended.

In both cases, you can identify the call by the Call ID. You have that information in the CFD as well, so maybe an option could be that you save the Caller ID (session.ani) and Call ID somewhere, and later you determine the extension using one of the methods mentioned above, and finally you send the info to your web service.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. farish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.