Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Get Dialed Number

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by australian, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. australian

Hi Guys,

I need to get the number the caller dialed for an app I'm working on. is that possible?
    Not to be confused with the caller ID, but the number the caller dialed.

Thanks
    Droyt

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

You can easily get the extension number where the VAD callflow is registered. That is stored into the "session.dnis" variable. But the external number dialed by the user is a bit more difficult. You need to search into the CallHistory3 table (in the 3CX database) and correlate your current call with the right record using date and time...

Regards,

3. Ts2012

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows about a solution that will enable us to get the phone numbers that our caller are dialing.
    We have many numbers and can't tell right now, which are being used for non-spam calls, and which aren't, etc...

Please advise,

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

From a VAD application you can do it reading from the CallHistory3 table (from the 3CX database). You would have to use a Database Access component to query that table and match the current call by ANI, date and time. Then you will have the number dialed by external users to reach your PBX.

Note that this is only possible if you have digital or VoIP lines. With analog lines, you don't receive the destination number dialed by the remote user, in that case you just receive the call.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

5. Twilio

you can do this easily from VAD application........

you just access your database component from the query and match your fields by call ANI......... no worry about it...... :)

6. time-o

It would be great to get the 3CX CallID or HistoryID as a session variable. This would make my work much easier.

7. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Agreed. Not having access to that ID value has made some things very challenging. Although I have plenty of workarounds for the limits of the VAD at this point, they're just not all ideal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. time-o

Ich agree fully i have the same problems here.

9. time-o

One Point: The callhistory3 record are created when the call is done. You have to use the api to get the current active calls and then you can use the dialed number in your workflow. I've made a service using sockets.

10. fenta

You can easily get the extension number where the VAD callflow is registered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.