• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Get on the v16 Update 3 Beta Train for More Security and Higher Availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickD_3CX

Community Manager
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
A word from our Development Labs: Work on the latest v16 Update has reached Beta stage! Update 3 Beta has just been released with new security options for SIP trunks, higher availability, per profile Push messages and group chat customization. Download and try this Beta update while we keep moving forward to production-level stability.

S...​

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a 2nd status and turned off "push" - Am I supposed to not get notifications on the iOS app anymore? Or does it only work for the beta apps or what as I'm still getting push notifications through to the mobile.

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
I made a 2nd status and turned off "push" - Am I supposed to not get notifications on the iOS app anymore? Or does it only work for the beta apps or what as I'm still getting push notifications through to the mobile.

You can absolutely ignore me here. I was changing the status on the wrong ext.... Anyway, works like a charm. This is going to make customers happy :D

You don't miss much do you!
I read the Changelogs haha I am a developer too so it's interesting for me!

Also, whenever I see Grandstream, I keep hope that more devices will be supported or at least tested.

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Guys, after updating to the new update 3 beta, I noticed there was also a beta for the SBC available.
Took the update and check out this little gem...
Under SBC Stats, there is now RTP packet loss info.
This could be very useful in troubleshooting audio issues.
Thanks 3CX

Guys, after updating to the new update 3 beta, I noticed there was also a beta for the SBC available.
Took the update and check out this little gem...
View attachment 12374
Under SBC Stats, there is now RTP packet loss info.
This could be very useful in troubleshooting audio issues.
Thanks 3CX
Sounds like RTCP-XR is coming... Let's hope so!

Reactions: pmterp
Just wondering - is the SBC Beta only available/compatible with the v16u3 beta version?
I have not updated to 16u3b, but show all of my SBC's as update available, yet none of them will update...

Just wondering - is the SBC Beta only available/compatible with the v16u3 beta version?
I have not updated to 16u3b, but show all of my SBC's as update available, yet none of them will update...

Yes, mine wouldn't update either via the dashboard while on update 3 alpha. I was able to get my test SBC to update manually and didn't see the new stats.
Once I updated to update 3, they became visible.

@NickD_3CX I have noticed this multiple times before with other releases and have made a remark about this with the U2 Beta release as well - why do you guys push a beta version (unless 3.676 is stable...) to your stable APT-sources?
We keep our servers up2date & sane with apt update && apt-upgrade - automated.
We do not want 3CX to 'automatically' install any BETA-version - these should be & stay on the testing sources.

# apt list --upgradeable
Listing... Done
3cxpbx/stable 16.0.3.676 amd64 [upgradable from: 16.0.2.910]

@NickD_3CX I have noticed this multiple times before with other releases and have made a remark about this with the U2 Beta release as well - why do you guys push a beta version (unless 3.676 is stable...) to your stable APT-sources?
We do not want 3CX to 'automatically' install any BETA-version - these should be & stay on the testing sources.

# apt list --upgradeable
Listing... Done
I can only say one thing.... BUSTED!
16.0.3.676 is the stable release which we are in the process of uploading as we speak.... :)
It might take a few more hours for the process to finish, that is why you don't see it in the Management Console yet as an update.
I'd suggest waiting for the update to appear in the Management Console before upgrading existing installations.

# apt list --upgradeable
Listing... Done

Hi @sentico

I would suggest to revise that policy of automated apt update && apt-upgrade. You are probably aware that 3CX requires a number of dependencies that come with the installation. We will vet those to ensure they are compatible with 3CX. Imagine you automatically update your dependency-A for example, only to find out that it cannot run with dependency-B, causing the system to fail to start after the updates are complete.

If you run it via the management console though, it will refuse to update those packages in case we know there is a compatibility issue, otherwise it will proceed normally and update the dependencies too, along with any debian security updates. Have you considered using our instance manager instead? It can help you achieve what you want without the risk of breaking your installs.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/pbx-management/#h.qfash562493e/

Reactions: accentlogic
I read the Changelogs haha I am a developer too so it's interesting for me!

Also, whenever I see Grandstream, I keep hope that more devices will be supported or at least tested.

Me too, I'm waiting for the official GRP templates but they're still not there. I'm on 16.0.3.676 and still only showing the GXP series - why would 3CX include a release note about GRP models if they're not supporting them anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.