Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Getting a user back into an Adhoc conference

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ggrimes, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggrimes

Hi all,

When an adhoc conference has been created from the 3CX Phone for Windows, is it possible to get an external called back to that conference?

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

-Glen.

2. jasit

jasit New Member

I have the same question, a way for reception to transfer directly into the conference would be great

3. ggrimes

I originally asked this question on the 3rd of February and it's the 17th now, there's now another admin who wants to know the same thing...Any advice here 3CX?

4. jasit

jasit New Member

Just a fyi, but this a user based support system, if you want actual support from 3cx you have to pay for it. I have pretty much looked everywhere and can't find a solution either. We even tried transferring to the extension and that gives a error too.

John

5. ggrimes

Hey Jasit,

Appreciate the info.

Kind of sad there's no tech support here. We have shelled out enough for this product that I would expect some mods to be answering questions here.

The more I think about the nature of Adhoc, the more it makes me think there might not be a way to get back in. I might contact our support or start a support case to get the answer. When I find out I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks again,

6. ggrimes

OK, so 3CX was kind enough to contact me directly this morning and let me know the following on this:

"An outside user cannot join an adhoc conference unless a 3CX user adds them to the conference in progress manually via the 3CXPhone.

If you had set up a scheduled conference, then anyone can call in from the outside, dial the conference bridge extension and enter the conference ID to join the call."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.